Designed For Todays Loft Conversions
“Discover in this video a super simple loft conversion floor installation”
Watch The Video Now
New building technologies make light work of todays loft conversions;
As you will see from the video above, a loft conversion has been made an easy straight forward process these days.
It’s not as difficult as you may imagine converting your loft space into a usable room of your dreams, all it requires is you take the time to plan out your loft ideas and look to take advantage of modern loft conversion ideas.”Modern building technologies and innovations are making converting any loft into a reality, and overcoming what was, in the past a difficult construction task, super easy.”The main advantage of these beams is of course ease of handling for the loft converter, but as a result of that and their engineered design, they become more cost effective too, thereby reducing the cost of a loft conversion for the home owner
Loft conversions are a great way to increase the living space of your family home;
I’m here to show, and talk you through the very best procedures of converting your loft, from your initial loft design ideas, to finding out how much is a loft conversion, right through to professional loft conversion how to advice, and everything else you need to know about getting the right loft room for your needs.
I want to make your decision about converting your loft super easy and stress free, and no matter where you live in the UK, I will even be giving you sound advice on how, and where to get a loft conversion.
Professional and impartial advice on all aspects of UK Loft Conversions;
At UK Loft Conversion you can expect to find impartial, independent, information and advice about how a loft conversion in the UK fits together. You will learn this from a trade professional with over 40 years experience, along with the best processes to follow.
I also understand that if this is your first time of undertaking a home improvement project of this size that it can be quite a daunting experience, with all the construction work, planning, building regulations and choosing the right contractor to carry out the work in a professional manner. But don’t worry help is at hand.
Here are some facts about loft conversions, you may not know;
- Did you know that the area in your loft is the biggest uninterrupted space in your home, and that most homes can quite easily accommodate a loft conversion on average of 25m²
- Also adding that extra bedroom en-suite or just even an extra bedroom loft conversion can add up to 23% to a property’s value and this still remains the most popular loft conversion room, especially in areas of the country where prices are at a premium.
(Source; Nationwide Building Society http://www.nationwide.co.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/viewarticle.htm?id=1803)
- Did you know that you need a minimum of 2.3m headroom inside your loft? You can find more information about loft conversion requirement here; http://ukloftconversion.com/loft-conversion-how-to
- Lastly did you know that all lofts require Building Regulations? But maybe not Planning Permission, I will guide you through that too.
How long to complete an average UK loft conversion;
Well I’d have to say based on my 40 plus years experience that there is no such thing as an average loft conversion; they are all different in some way. But if I had to put a time line on it then it would be 6-8 weeks for the construction work only, and the steps to to achieve this would be as follows:
- Suitability, do you have the headroom and enough floor area.
- A survey of the loft, to take accurate measurements.
- Decide on a contractor either a local builder or a loft conversion specialist
- Your loft ideas and working drawings produced.
- Drawings agreed and signed then submitted to Local Authority. (Note; this can take 6-8 weeks for approval from your LA.) set a start date.
- Commence work and inspected by Local Building Control officer
- Completion of works, along final inspection certificate that is issued by Local Building Control Office.